Obviously, you know I love a good comfort meal and this one totally hits the spot!!! I love that it is all done in one dish and is SO easy! I even used rotisserie chicken to make it even quicker! It took about 15 minutes to put together and 15 minutes to bake! So easy and so so yummy! Creamy, sweet, salty! Try this one out soon!! PS, just a suggestion, make individual pot pies so you can get more crust 🙂
– 1 cup chopped onions
– 3 tbsp butter
– 1/4 cup flour
– 2 cups chicken broth
– 1/2 cup cream
– 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
– 1 cup chopped chicken (I used rotisserie)
– 1 tbsp chopped parsley, thyme and rosemary
– salt and pepper to taste
– 1 puff pastry, rolled big enough to cover dish
1. In a large oven proof skillet, saute onions in about 1 tbsp of olive oil. Once translucent, remove and set aside.
2. In the same pot turn heat to medium and melt butter. Once butter is melted whisk in flour and cook for about 3 minutes
3. Whisking continuously, slowly stir in chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
4. Add in cream, frozen peas and carrots, onions, chicken, herbs, sat, pepper, garlic powder. Turn heat to low and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Roll out pastry dough, place on top of chicken mixture. Cut a few slits in dough to allow steam to escape. Cook according to package instructions. I did 400 for 15 minutes.