Creamy Chicken Pot Pie
Obviously, you know I love a good comfort meal and this one totally hits the spot!!! I love that it is all done in one dish and is SO easy! I even used rotisserie chicken to make it even quicker! It took about 15 minutes to put together and 15 minutes to bake! So easy and so so yummy! Creamy, sweet, salty! Try this one out soon!! PS, just a suggestion, make individual pot pies so you can get more crust 🙂
– 2 stalks celery
– 1 cup chopped onions
– 2 tbsp butter
– 1/4 cup flour
– 2 cups chicken broth
– 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
– 1 cup chopped chicken (I used rotisserie)
– salt and pepper to taste. – egg wash (1 egg + 1 tbsp water)
– 1 puff pastry, rolled big enough to cover dish
1. In a large oven proof skillet, saute onions & celery in about 1 tbsp of olive oil. Once translucent, add garlic & cook another 1 minute.
2. Add in 2 tbsp butter & flour! Cook about 5 minutes on med/low!
3. Whisking continuously, slowly stir in chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
4. Add in frozen peas and carrots, and chopped chicken. Season with salt & pepper. Turn heat to low and allow to simmer for 3 minutes. Let become nice & thick!
5. Roll out pastry dough, place on top of chicken mixture. Cut a few slits in dough to allow steam to escape. Brush with egg wash. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown!