Juicy Grilled Pork Chops
These pork chops turn out to be delicious every time I make them!! I know it’s all because of the brine!! It makes the pork super juicy and tender!! It is one extra step but it is 100% worth it! It only takes about 5 minutes to prep and you just put them in the fridge and forget about them! I used this food network recipe! I tweaked it a little so, let me tell you what I did!
– 4 double cut bone in pork chops
– 1/2 cup salt
– 1 tbsp peppercorns
– 1 cup sugar
– 4 sprigs rosemary
– 3 tablespoons juniper berries
– 5 tablespoons fennel seeds
– 1 head garlic, halved crosswise
– Freshly ground pepper
1. Place salt, peppercorns, sugar, rosemary, juniper berries, fennel seeds, and garlic in a large pot with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Allow sugar and salt to dissolve
2. Remove from heat and cool completely!
3. Add in pork chops, cover and brine overnight
4. Remove pork chops from brine and pat dry. Season with salt, pepper, cavenders and onion powder.
5. Place on a grill on med-high heat for about 7 minutes per side or until completely cooked throughout. Double cut will take quite a bit longer than single cut. Internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
6. Once pork is cooked, remove from heat and let rest for about 20 minutes. Place garlic butter on while resting!
7. Place on top of a bed of mashed potatoes and ENJOY!