Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwiches
With all this fried chicken sandwich talk, I had to join in on the fun! This was SO yummy, and definitely the easiest and most delicious fried chicken recipe!! It doesn’t take a whole dredging station which can be kind of annoying, and it turns out perfectly crunchy each time! Try this with chicken strips, a chicken breast or a full chicken! SO SO good!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- A few splashes of hot sauce (I used cholula)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp cavenders
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1. Place chicken breasts in buttermilk and hot sauce and let marinate for at least, 30 minutes up to 4 hours.
2. Mix flour and spices in a shallow bowl. Add in about 2 tbsp of the buttermilk mixture to flour to create clumps of flour.
3. Coat chicken breasts in flour and buttermilk shaking off excess.
4. Heat about 2 tbsps of olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Place chicken in and cook for about 4 minutes per side.
5. Once chicken is cooked through, remove from oil and place on a baking sheet lined with a wire rack.
6. Sprinkle with salt, top with cheese and place under the broiler until cheese is melted.
7. Place on a toasted bun and your favorite toppings and ENJOY!
Makes 2 sandwiches