Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
I literally never do Cajun, considering I just bought my first “Cajun” spice blend tonight… But this dish was delish! It was everything you want in a cream sauce with a little kick of spice! Here is how I made it!!
– 1/2 lb penne pasta
– 2 chicken breasts (I bought pre-marinated cajun chicken)
– 3 tbsp butter
– 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
– 1/4 cup milk (*can sub all cream or all milk)
– 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
– 1 cup chopped spinach
– 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
– 1 tbsp cajun seasoning (I used “slap ya mama”)
– 1/2 tsp cayenne
– 1/2 tbsp paprika
– squeeze of lemon
1. Boil water and cook pasta according to package instructions
2. In a small sauce pan, heat butter and cream to simmer. Once simmering stir in parmesan cheese. *Add milk or more cream to thin out sauce if necessary
3. Next, add in spices and spinach and reduce heat to low.
4. In a large skillet cook chicken on med-high heat for 4- 5 minutes per side.
5. Once pasta is cooked, add it into sauce and let cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in tomatoes and a squeeze of lemon.
6. Serve pasta with sliced chicken and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. ENJOY