I’ve actually never made these before. I usually make risotto cakes which is basically the same thing just flat 🙂 but these were so yummy!! So crunchy on the outside and creamy in the middle!! I did not get around to making my red pepper sauce but I used my go-to Rao’s and it was just as good!! IF you have leftovers you have to make these! I love to bread them all, make a couple and freeze the rest! That way I can take the breaded balls out of the freezer and heat them in oil and they’re ready in 5 minutes with no mess!!
– 1-2 cups of cooked risotto
– 1 cup flour
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
– 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
– 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
– 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
1. Form cold risotto into balls. Makes about 6-8. Place in freezer to firm up.
2. Heat up about 1 inch of oil in a shallow skillet on med heat. Oil should be 325 degrees.
3. Set up dredging station.
4. In 3 separate bowls place flour, whisked eggs, and panko breadcrumbs.
5. Season flour with salt and pepper
6. Season panko with parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
7. Once balls have firmed up about 20 minutes, coat them by starting in flour, then egg, then breadcrumb mixture.
8. Place in oil and cook on all sides until golden brown. About 3-5 minutes.
9. Serve with a side of marinara sauce!
Makes about 6-8 risotto balls