There is this little Italian place called Covino’s near the neighborhood I grew up in. We went probably a couple times a month and we would get this every time!! I tried to recreate it and honestly it has been so long since i’ve had it that I missed a few things, but it was still just as delicious!
– 1/2 ball of pizza dough, rolled out thin
– 1/2 lb breakfast sausage
– 1 cup spinach
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1 cup shredded mozzarella
– 1/2 cup marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to its highest setting (525 degrees) with a pizza stone or baking sheet on the middle rack
2. In a skillet brown sausage then remove and drain on paper towels. In the same skillet add minced garlic on low heat cooking for 60 seconds. Once garlic is fragrant add in kale to whit for 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towel
3. On one 1/2 of pizza dough brush olive oil, salt and pepper. Then, add a layer of spinach, sausage and finally mozzarella.
4. Fold other half over the stuffing and crimp the edges to seal.
5. Brush top of dough with olive oil and cut 3 slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
6. Place on preheated stone for 8-10 minutes.
7. Let cool for a few minutes, cut in wedges and serve!