I love tacos, BUT sometimes I feel like they can be a little boring! All I did to make these tacos fabulous was fry the tortilla to crisp and puff them up a bit! This really does completely change them in such a good way! Give this simple trick a try and I promise you wont go back to the old version!
– 1 lb ground beef
– 1/4 cup taco seasoning
– 1/3 cup of water
– 6 flour tortillas
– Choice of toppings
1. Brown beef in a large skillet, add 1/4 cup taco seasoning and 1/3 cup water. Reduce heat to simmer and let cook for 3-5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, on med-high heat pour a 1/2 inch of oil in a shallow skillet. Allow oil to heat for a couple minutes.
3. Next, place one tortilla in cooking on each side for about 15-30 seconds until puffy and slightly brown.
4. Remove from oil and place in grooves in an upside down muffin tin. This allows the tortillas to form the taco shape.
5. Stuff with beef, your choice of toppings!
Makes about 6 tacos