Pesto Cream Pasta with Parmesan Crusted Chicken
This is another favorite that I got at my neighborhood Italian restaurant every time we went!! I have tried to recreate it so many times over the years and I finally figured it out! The sauce is SO creamy, salty and cheesy which pairs perfectly with the crunchy parmesan chicken! I’m pretty sure that this is the meal that convinced my husband to marry me! He loves this one!! I hope you will try it!
For the Cream Sauce:
– 1/2 lb pasta
– 4 tbsp butter
– 1 cup heavy whipping cream
– 1/2 cup pesto
– 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
For the Chicken:
– 2 thinly sliced chicken breasts
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tbsp butter
– 1/2 cup flour mixed with salt, pepper, garlic powder, italian seasoning
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs mixed with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and italian seasoning
1. First, cook pasta according to package instructions then begin the sauce by heating butter, cream and pesto on med-low heat until simmering. Once at a simmer stir in parmesan cheese and turn heat to low. Let simmer while cooking chicken and pasta.
2. While sauce is simmering, prep the chicken. In a large sauté pan heat oil and butter on med-high heat.
3. Salt and pepper chicken on both sides then begin to batter. Start by dipping chicken in flour, then egg, and finally breadcrumbs. Place directly in hot oil cooking on each side for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and salt.
4. Once pasta is done cooking toss it with sauce and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Top pasta with cooked chicken and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Pesto Cream Pasta with Parmesan Crusted Chicken”
This recipe is DELICIOUS!!!! My only regret is that I didn’t have more than 1 chicken breast on hand to make more of the chicken—so yummy.
Yay! Thank you! So glad you loved it!!