Pesto and Roasted Red Bell Pepper Pizza
This is another one of those recipes that we had almost every week!! So simple and so good! Only 4 ingredients and all you have to do is assemble it and pop it in the oven. I usually serve this with spaghetti with meat sauce and roasted asparagus, but you could also put this on a flatbread and serve it as an appetizer at a party! Give it a try!
– 1 pizza crust (I use Boboli brand)
– Pesto sauce (I use Buitoni)
– 1 cup grated mozzarella
– 1 roasted red bell pepper, peeled and seeded and cut into strips
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Roast 1 red bell pepper either directly on gas flame or in broiler turning often. Let each side char completely. Place in a covered dish until cool. Peel, seed and slice into strips.
3. Spread pesto sauce on pizza crust, add a layer of parmesan cheese then top with roasted peppers.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn oven to broil and cook for another 2 minutes until bubbly.
5. Cut into pieces and serve!
Makes about 8 slices