Simple Red Bell Pepper and Pesto “Cream” Sauce
When I feel like being a little bit healthier this is my go-to pasta dish! The sauce is full of protein and healthy fats! This is what I like to call a balanced meal! I replace the cream for greek yogurt and it turns out just as delicious! You would never know the difference! If your child doesn’t eat protein this is such a good way to “sneak” it in! I make this all the time and the best part is you don’t have to cook the sauce! The hot pasta heats up the sauce and it’s done in the amount of time it takes to cook the pasta!! I hope you will give this one a try!
– 1 package of pasta
– 1/2 greek yogurt
– 1/2 cup of pesto
– 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper (purée)
– 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
– 1 cup Rotisserie chicken (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. In a large bowl mix together yogurt, pesto, bell pepper, and parmesan.
3. Once pasta is done toss with sauce and serve!
4. Place in a baking dish, top with cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes on 375.