This is one of my favorite meals at a restaurant I go to with a girlfriend and I figured it wouldn’t be that hard to replicate, and I’m so glad I tried! This dish took about 15 minutes to put together and was SO good! It is satisfying, yet I’m getting to sneak in some veggies which is a win! The pasta water makes its own sauce so it’s also really easy clean up. Here’s how I made it!
– 1/2 lb of orecchiette pasta
– 1/2 lb sausage
– 1 cup chopped kale
– 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
– 1 clove minced garlic
– 1 tsp italian seasoning
– 1 tsp oregano
– 1 dash of chili flakes
– Squeeze of lemon
1. Boil pasta according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, in a sauté pan, brown sausage then remove from pan and drain on a paper towel.
3. Turn heat off and add in 1 tbsp of olive oil and minced garlic. Return heat to low and cook garlic for about 30-60 seconds. Throw in chopped kale and let whit for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add sausage back in along with spices, pasta and 1/2 ladle full of pasta water. Add in parmesan cheese and cook on low for a couple of minutes until pasta is creamy!
5. Turn off burner add in another sprinkle of cheese and a squeeze of lemon!