This is one of my favorite meals at a restaurant I go to with a girlfriend and I figured it wouldn’t be that hard to replicate, and I’m so glad I tried! This dish took about 15 minutes to put together and was SO good! It is satisfying, yet I’m getting to sneak in some veggies which is a win! The pasta water makes its own sauce so it’s also really easy clean up. Here’s how I made it!
- 1/2 lb of orecchiette pasta
- 1/2 lb sausage
- 1/2 cup white wine or broth
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 dash of chili flakes
- Squeeze of lemon + zest
- Start by sauteing chopped onion in 1 tbsp olive oil. Once translucent add in sausage and brown until cooked through.
- Add in salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Toss in garlic and cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Once garlic is done add in 1/2 cup white wine. Boil out until mostly reduced about 3 minutes. Toss in chopped kale and let wilt.
- Add in 3 cups of water or broth. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, add in 3/4 lb pasta and cover. Stirring every 2-3 minutes. Should take about 12-15 minutes for liquid to mostly reduce and pasta to be cooked. (if pasta is cooked and too much liquid is left, remove lid and let boil down a few more minutes)
- Turn off the heat and add in parm cheese, lemon zest and parsley. Stir until nice and creamy.
- Garnish with more cheese and parsley!
Makes 3-4 servings