I really do forget to make baked potatoes. Maybe its because I’m not prepared an hour and a half before dinner time, but when you are these are soooo easy! I love how I can put them in the oven and forget about them! Would be a perfect side to a sheet pan or crockpot dinner! I love to stuff them with almost everything I can think of. I will get creative soon and make my yummy brisket to stuff in these but for now here is the classic!
– 2 russet potatoes (washed and scrubbed)
– Olive oil
– Toppings (I used bacon, butter, sour cream, chives and cheese!)
1. Scrub, wash and dry potatoes.
2. Rub with olive oil, salt and pepper and wrap in foil.
3. Place in a 425 degree oven for 1 to 1.5 hours. They should be soft to the touch when they are ready.
4. Cut open and load with all the toppings!