I started making this dish after my husband and I went on our honeymoon! We went to this little Italian restaurant on the property to get this dish 3 times!! It was THAT good! I had the waiter give me the secrets and I think this one is just as good!! This is so easy and comes together in under 20 minutes! So filling and so simple! Give it a try.
– 1 lb spaghetti noodles
– 4 strips of bacon + reserved bacon grease
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
1. First, boil pasta according to package instructions.
2. In a large skillet cook 4 strips of bacon, drain on a paper towel and reserve bacon grease (about 2 tbsp).
3. Meanwhile, whisk eggs and mix in parmesan and set aside.
4. Next, cook garlic in bacon grease on low heat for about 1 minute. As soon as pasta is cooked add it directly into the pan with the garlic and oil. Let cook on low for a couple of minutes to coat the pasta.
* Reserve about 1 cup of pasta water
5. Remove the skillet from the heat and slowly add in egg/cheese mixture while stirring constantly.
**You want to pour in a little bit at a time so the temperature of the noodles meets the temperature of the egg. That way you aren’t scrambling the egg.
6. Once noodles and cheese mixture is combined you can add a little more cheese, pasta water to thin out the sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Garnish with Italian parsley and parmesan cheese!!