If you know me, you probably know I do not like salads!! I just can’t get on the train! I would rather drink my veggies TBH. However, a PASTA salad I am here for!! I threw this together for lunch one day and it ended up being delicious and so pretty! The roasted tomatoes really give it a sweet flavor that works so well with the tangy dressing. This would be the perfect appetizer to bring to your next party!!
– 1/2 lb bowtie pasta
– 2 tomatoes, cut into slices
– 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
– 1 cucumber, diced
– 1/2 cup cubed mozzarella
– 1/2 cup italian parsley, plus more for garnish
For the Dressing:
– 3 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
– Pinch of sugar
– Lemon juice and lemon zest
1. Roast tomatoes and smashed garlic cloves on 450 for about 20 minutes in about 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse, and let cool.
3. Next, make the dressing. Whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, zest and juice of 1 lemon, a pinch of sugar and lots of salt and pepper. (Season to taste)
4. Chop cucumbers, mozzarella, tomatoes and parsley. Toss with pasta.
5. Stir in dressing and garnish with parsley and lemon zest!