I have been making these mashed potatoes for years! Its probably one of the first things I ever mastered and I still love them! I make these as a side dish to balance out a healthy chicken/fish and veggie dinner! I bring these to Thanksgiving every year and they are always a hit. Sometimes simple is really the best!!
– 2 russet potatoes
– 1 cup heavy whipping cream
– 2 tbsp butter
– LOTS OF SALT
– LOTS OF PEPPER
1. Peel and dice potatoes and place in a pot of cold water then bring to a boil.
2. Boil potatoes for about 15-20 minutes, until they are fork tender.
3. Drain potatoes add in butter, cream and mash with a potato masher.
4. Add in salt and pepper and taste, taste, taste! Potatoes love salt and pepper so don’t be afraid to add quite a bit!
5. Serve as a side with any meal!!