Now BURGERS are my LIFE! 🙂 I am sure not many of you know, but my parents opened a burger restaurant when I was 9. I skipped school the day it opened and basically worked their my whole childhood.
My husband and his brother also started a franchise of the restaurant a few years back, so you could say that I’ve grown up on hamburgers!! I am a very big critic when it comes to a good burger! I like them thick and juicy just as much as I like them thin and crispy! I feel that it is so easy to get a good thin burger cooked quickly and perfectly inside on a cast iron skillet! Heres how I made them!
– 1 lb of GOOD 80/20 ground beef (grass-fed)
– garlic powder
– hamburger buns
– American cheese (this melts the best in my opinion)
1. Heat a cast iron skillet on med-high.
2. Form about 1/4 lb patties and flatten them really thin!!
3. Season both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
4. Add a little oil to the pan then place patties directly in.
5. Cook for about 2 minutes on the first side. Don’t move the meat until you flip to allow a perfect sear!
6. Once you flip, add cheese and let cook on second side another 2 minutes.
7. Remove from pan, stack two patties on a toasted hamburger bun. Add toppings of your choice!!
** I love mustard, pickle, red onion, bacon, and a little avocado!!