I love meatballs!! These are a little bit of work but totally worth it!! I have even gone an extra step and stuffed them with mozzarella cheese and that is BOMB. But, these are spectacular on their own, in a sandwich or on top of a bowl of angel hair pasta!! Make a big batch and freeze them so you don’t have to worry about making them whenever you want them next!
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tbsp butter
– .5 lb sausage & .5 lb ground beef
– 1 yellow onion (chopped)
– 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup bread cubes soaked in about 1/2 cup of milk
– 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
– 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
– 2 cloves of grated garlic
– 1/2 tbsp salt
– 1/4 tbsp pepper
– 1 tsp italian seasoning
– 1 tsp red chili flakes
1. Heat a large skillet on med heat and sauté onion and pepper in olive oil and butter.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl add both types of meat, egg, parmesan, garlic, and seasonings. Mix gently. Let veggies cool then add to meat mixture.
3. Next, add in both styles of breadcrumbs (straining milk from the wet) and form into 10-12 balls.
* If meatballs feel too wet add more dry crumbs and if it feels too dry add in more wet bread.
** Mixture should be sticky and easy to form into a ball.
*** Make and cook a small test patty to make sure seasoning is on point.
4. Finally, heat a little more olive oil and butter in a large skillet, cook meatballs for about 2-3 minutes per side. Make sure they are cooked through, usually about 15-20 minutes.
5. Place in marinara sauce and let cook for another 30 minutes to make them extra moist.
6. Top on a bowl of angel hair pasta with marinara sauce and ENJOY!