Not your average Chicken Strips
All I can say is, these are DELICIOUS!!! Also, they are SO versatile! You can put these on salads, top them on some sweet waffles, put them in a wrap, the list goes on! I served them with a ranch dip and some sweet potato fries. I will say they are a tad bit messy to make, but the mess is 100% worth it! Let me tell you how I make them!
– 1 lb raw chicken tenders (can also cut breasts into strips)
– 1 cup buttermilk
– dash of hot sauce (I use Frank’s)
– 1 cup flour
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp paprika
– 1 tsp cavenders
– 1 tsp season salt
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp pepper
– 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1. In a large bowl add buttermilk and a few dashes of hot sauce.
2. Salt and pepper chicken tenders and add into buttermilk mixture and let marinade for at least 30 minutes up to 2 hours!
3. Once chicken is done marinating, mix 1 cup flour with seasoning blend adding a couple tablespoons of buttermilk mixture to form chunks of flour
4. Remove chicken from buttermilk and coat with flour mixture.
5. Heat 8 cups of oil in a large pot for about (350*) med-high heat usually does the trick
6. Place chicken tenders 4 at a time in the oil until they are golden on the outside and cooked in the center. Usually about 6-8 minutes
** TIP- Using a thermometer to test the oil is the best. If the oil is too hot the outside will brown before the chicken cooks!
Serves 3-4 people