This is one of my favorite quick weeknight meals! It is as simple as opening cans and assembling. I have been making this for so long! It is perfect for a crowd and it is a show stopper! Don’t feel obligated to tell them how easy it was. 🙂 I serve this with a side of chips and guac and it is a perfect little meal!
– 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
– 1 can of green chili enchilada sauce
– 1 can of rotel
– 1 diced yellow onion
– 1/2 tbsp cumin
– 1/2 tbsp chili powder
– 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
– 1/2 tbsp salt
– 1/2 tsp pepper
– 1 package of corn tortillas (cut in half)
– 2 cups shredded mexican cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. In a large shallow pan on medium heat, sauté 1 chopped onion in a little oil until transparent.
3. Next, add in spices and let toast for 1 minute. Add in chicken, rotel and 3/4 can of enchilada sauce. Turn heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes until nice and bubbly.
4. In a casserole dish add in the remaining enchilada sauce on the bottom to keep tortillas from sticking.
5. Next, add a layer of tortillas, then 1/3 of chicken mixture, and finally cheese.
6. Complete this 2 more times ending with a layer of cheese.
7. Place in oven for about 20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Top with red onion and cilantro! Serve with a side of homemade guacamole.