Honestly, I never really order Chicken Parmesan because typically when I go to an Italian Restaurant I want LOADS of pasta!! Just me?! But this one is to die for!! It is so simple but so scrumptious! My WHOLE family and a couple of my friends have requested me to invite them over for this specific meal! I guess I should share the love because this one is PERFECT! This is definitely a meal that would be great for a small dinner party! I hope you try it for your next guests, however after they eat it, they may keep asking to come back!!
– 2 Boneless skinless chicken breast pounded to 1/2 inch thick
– 1 cup flour
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup italian breadcrumbs
– 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
– 1 tbsp butter
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1/2 cup marinara sauce (I use Raos homemade)
– 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
1. Salt and pepper chicken on both sides, set aside.
2. Set up dredging station. Set out 3 large bowls or plates.
– In the first one add 1 cup of flour, salt, and pepper.
– In the second, whisk 2 eggs with a little salt and pepper.
– In the third, add the italian bread crumbs with a 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
3. In a large skillet heat olive oil and butter on med-high heat.
4. While oil is heating, begin coating the chicken. Start by coating the chicken breast in the flour shaking off the extra, then dunk in the egg mixture, letting the extra fall off then finally coat in breadcrumbs and parmesan mixture. Complete this same process with the second chicken breast.
5. Place the chicken breast directly into the oil cooking on 3-4 minutes per side!
6. Remove from pan and place on a baking sheet lined with a wire wrack.
7. Add a layer of parmesan cheese, then about 1/2 cup of marinara sauce, and finally a layer of mozzarella.
8. Place in an oven on broil for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
9. Place on a bed of arugula or angel hair pasta.