This may not be the “classic” lasagna, that takes hours to make, but it does have 7 ingredients and tastes delish!! I made this for the first time a few months ago and I have added it to my weekly rotation ever since! My friends were so impressed and little did they know I literally had to do no cooking! This is a perfect Sunday meal for the whole family or a great one to impress a large crowd! Try this out. Your family and friends will thank you!
– 1 jar tomato sauce (I use Rao’s brand)
– 1 lb breakfast sausage
– 8 oz ricotta cheese
– 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup for topping
– 1 ball of fresh mozzarella or 1 bag shredded mozzarella
– 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
– 1 lbs lasagna noodles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and boil a large pot of water for the noodles. Cook noodles 2 minutes less than what is stated on package instructions
2. In a large skillet brown the sausage in a little olive oil. Once the meat is browned add the whole jar of tomato sauce along with 1/2 cup of water
3. Meanwhile, to make the ricotta mixture, mix ricotta, 1/2 cup parmesan and parsley and set aside
4. Drain pasta and remove meat sauce from heat
5. In a casserole dish begin layering, first start with a little bit of sauce then add a layer of noodles, ricotta mixture, and finally the mozzarella. Repeat this 2 more times ending with a layer of mozzarella and remaining parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes until bubbly and the cheese is melted on top.